Sunday, February 8, 2015

Stake Conference

The visiting member of the Seventy, Elder Terry, had us read a series of scriptures before Stake Conference this year. It's been really cool to be able to have some specific scriptures to study from the the last few weeks, and I feel like it's brought my husband and I closer together. We were able to read the verses and talk about what they mean to us. Most of them were about Christ and we ended up sharing a lot of mission stories with each other. I've always heard people say, and I said it on my mission as well, that if you study more about Christ you will have a stronger testimony of his Atonement. I believe that is true, because in these last few weeks my testimony has grown. I think my favorite passage out of all the ones he had us read was Alma 36: 17-28. This is where Alma the Younger is talking about how he was in the gall of bitterness and was wracked with torment from his sins, but then he thought of Christ and cried for forgiveness and all his pain was gone. Not only was it gone, but it was turned into joy. I love that. I have felt something similar to that only a couple of times, but it is a very sweet feeling to feel forgiven and loved.


2 comments:

  1. I think it's pretty fantastic that we have uplifting sources of media, whether it be in person or on the Internet. Because my husband and I live in Saratoga Springs, we usually listen to conference talks or BYU devotionals while driving to Provo every morning. I love that we have access to things that can enhance our relationship with God as well as with our fellow men. Go good media!

    ReplyDelete