Sunday, February 22, 2015

No Happy Endings...

I've been feeling really sad and funky after watching episodes of Once Upon a Time lately. It's a really intriguing show and keeps you wanting more for sure...but I have been trying to figure out why it leaves me feeling all "off-kilter" afterwards.
And I think I figured it out last night. 

The episodes leave you with a cliffhanger every single time!! I don't know what the heck is going to happen! They don't wrap up all nicely with a happy ending like movies do. You see I've never had a TV show that I watch so that's why this concept is new to me. Don't judge. But anyway, I'm used to watching a movie for an hour and a half to two hours and leaving feeling closure. These shows leave me with NO closure whatsoever. I think I'm going to get an ulcer actually. 


Does anyone have any advice for a new TV show watcher who doesn't want to feel lost and depressed because there are no happy endings??

1 comment:

  1. I started watching this show a few years ago and since I've been back from my mission I haven't started watching it again because I was so tired of not having any closer. I feel like they make the story go on and on forever because they want to make money off of the show. While that is understandable I feel like it devalues the story because it becomes all about the money and not about telling a really good story. But that's just my opinion.

    ReplyDelete