Sunday, March 8, 2015

Rugrats

So my husband and I were watching Rugrats last night...yes we were...and the episode was about the babies going to the movies. I was laughing at myself because I kept applying it to this class. My husband laughed at me too. The babies saw a preview of a Reptar movie and thought it was real. They are most definitely still infants so they can't distinguish between reality and TV. Then they went to the movies and kept looking for Reptar as if he was a real dinosaur. Now, I'm not going to say that this show displays a lot of great messages that everyone should learn, especially because Angelica is a really bad role model, but apparently there are some episodes that are actually backed up by research haha.


2 comments:

  1. I grew up watching Rugrats and think it would be interesting to rewatch the show knowing what I know now from various classes that I've taken at BYU. That's neat that there are parts in line with social and family sciences. One of my favorite memories of the show is their obsession with Reptar. Then they came out with Reptar cereal...and I even remember the jingle. "They're round, they're mean...they turn milk green! Reptar!!! Reptar Cereal." Ha, great show, thanks for the nostalgic memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a kind of opposite view. In the sense that I never really watched Rugrats as a kid... I think my parents didn't really like it. I'm not sure. Not to say it's bad... I'm sure its funny :) I kind of feel like I missed out on a part of being a child in the 90's.

    ReplyDelete