Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Why not smile?

Life is awesome! Really, it is. So why do we complain so much and stress out about little things and get bummed out when things don't go exactly as planned?
I've been thinking about this a lot lately and it all boils down to this: it's all about choices. I have the choice of whether I'm going to be a lazy bum on a Friday night because no one invited me to hang out or if I'm going to take matters into my own hands and invite someone to do something with ME. Wow...crazy idea right?
My mom always told me that if I'm having a bad day I should turn around and make someone else's day better. Ya know I've tried this...it totally works.

Plus also did you know that laughter and smiling is contagious? Yeah I know, that's like the best news ever.
I honestly believe that laughing makes you healthier and happier. These last few weeks I have been so happy because I've found myself in situations where I'm just laughing constantly: At work, hanging out with friends, in class (ok so this one is probably not the best because then I don't pay attention...but you get the idea). And then I just leave with the biggest smile on my face that just doesn't go away. Thank goodness for happy friends. Actually I literally thank my Heavenly Father every day for people who make me smile and laugh.

Sorry my thoughts have been a bit of a jumbled mess but there you go. Woot:)

2 comments:

  1. Agreed. And I apologize for being the distraction during class....and study sessions

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no need to apologize. I like talking to you. And we DID study... It just took a little bit longer haha

    ReplyDelete