Monday, April 6, 2015

Dr. Seuss



I will probably have many more posts about Dr. Seuss before the semester is over because I love him! I love his books so much because they just make me happy when I read them. Is it the weird word combinations, or just the weird words? Maybe it's his messages he sends through his books, like in Oh the Places You'll Go, or the Lorax; McGelligot's Pool or the Sneetches. He teaches children and adults some important life lessons through his books.


I think my favorite book of his is Fox in Sox. It is by far the most difficult book to read because it is just tongue twisters all the way through. But that's what makes it so much fun!

No matter who our favorite authors are or what type of books we like I think it's so important that we pick up a book every once in a while and let ourselves take an adventure. Reading words on a page, turning actual pages, has something about it that swiping on a screen just doesn't quite give you. When I graduate I am so excited to read some of the books I haven't had time to. Not saying textbooks aren't interesting...but really...they're not as great as Harry Potter. So let's read this summer!

What's Your favorite book?

1 comment:

  1. I love Dr. Seuss! My favorites have always been Green Eggs and Ham and Cat in the Hat. There are so many that have shaped my childhood and I love how he comes up with new words!!

    ReplyDelete